Try setting the default init level to 5 in /etc/inittab.

On 3/17/06, Rik Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ive got xorg and kde installed and have "root"and "augustus" users
At the moment when I boot up I get the command line.
I want to be able to boot straight into kde as the "augustus" user.
I can do this by logging in as augustus and startx or logging in as root and running kdm.

Can someone suggest a way to get it to go straight into kdm. Then I can adjust kdm to my liking.

I am guessing its down to the init files but am lost to what to do.

Hope someone can help.
Many Thanks once again
Rik