On Jan 24, 2008 6:08 AM, Richard Melville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On checking /etc/ld.so.conf I noticed that /opt/jdk/lib was not
> present.  I've now added it, but I'm not sure whether I needed to or not.

There are no actual DSOs there (at least on my system), so you don't
gain anything from having the dynamic linker search there. My
/opt/jdk/lib (1.5.0.11) just has a few .jar and .idl files. I don't
know if this is different for 1.6, but, in general, I think java
handles all the DSOs itself. I.e., the ones in /opt/jdk/jre/lib/i386.

--
Dan