On Feb 17, 2008 3:35 PM, Troy Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I built X.org for a machine with a VIA graphics chip. It was a pain in the
> ass to get 3d graphics working, and then 3d was buggy. I'm looking for a
> graphics processor that works nicely with X.org.
>
> It seems that Intel does a good job of providing open source drivers, and
> I've been looking at the ASUS P5E-VM HDMI motherboard because it has the
> Intel G35 Express Chipset Graphics Controller with GMA X3500. Would anyone
> suggest a different motherboard for building X.org?

I'm not entirely sure about the G35 series being supported well yet.
But, as it's derived from the 965 chipset (GMA X3000), I believe it
should be pretty similar and have seen commits from some of the Intel
developers specific to the G35 chipset. I have an ASUS P5B-VM with the
965 chipset and it's been working fine for me.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=332&l4=0&model=1312&modelmenu=2

I haven't tried using it on a TV or anything like that, though.

--
Dan