On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Nicolas FRANCOIS
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Le Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:13:24 +0100 Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> a écrit :
>
>>  For the future, keeping notes of what works and what changed is
>> always a good idea. Unfortunately, I still have trouble achieving
>> this!  It may help to put your scripts into just a few scripts which
>> serve identifialble purposes. I have my own scripts for xorg, basics
>> (toolkits, windowmanager, firefox and other "essentials"), extras
>> (cups, gimp, etc), audio-video, gnome-stuff.  When I upgrade (not
>> very often) I try to preserve the old versions of my scripts and add
>> the changes into the current versions.
>
> I usually take great care of what I do on my computer, with a little
> script. But I thought gtk+ was a piece of cake...
>
> Now I understand why you BLFS guys don't follow the progresses of the
> Gtk/Gnome team : these are no progress ! It's absolutely impossible to
> follow the successive versions and their dependencies :-( For example,
> even the README of the gtk+ packages don't mention a version of pango or
> atk. But this seems to be very important ! I had to use a dev version of
> pango to install the latest stable version of gtk+ ???

The whole GTK+ stack follows the GNOME release schedule. So, you can
go off of what versions were part of the GNOME release you're
following.

http://download.gnome.org/platform/
http://download.gnome.org/desktop/
http://download.gnome.org/bindings/
http://download.gnome.org/admin/
http://download.gnome.org/devtools/

You should be able to find all the packages there sorted by GNOME
release. This is how Randy sorts out the versions that go into BLFS.

--
Dan