On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I'm still trying to document the dependencies on my new desktop
> build (which works, except that evince still crashes xorg (this is
> with gcc-4.2.4 on x86_64)).  I seem to have found a circular
> dependency,and I'm mighty confused.
>
>  At the moment, I've built cairo-1.8.0, poppler-0.8.7, and
> ghostscript-8.63 in that order (because that's the order I've built
> the previous versions in, in the days of gcc-4.1.2 it all worked).
>
>  In cairo, I see it tests for poppler and ghostscript, and it won't
> build the pdf and ps backends without them.  It did cross my mind
> that this might be the cause of my evince problem, but rebuilding
> cairo now that poppler and gs have been installed, and rebuilding
> evince, didn't help - I guess that was a red herring.

Are you sure it's not just skipping PDF and PS tests without those
guys? Certainly, poppler uses cairo for it's rendering of PDFs. I know
in the past that cairo checked for gtk+, but it was only for the
testsuite.

The cairo testsuite is pretty large and not shy about leaning on
external pieces for it, but they shouldn't be needed for cairo itself.

--
Dan