Sorry it prove to be my mistake. Maybe it is because I configured
GConf2 so carelessly (with --sysconfdir=/etc, which ought to be
--sysconfdir=/etc/gnome/2.30) that schemas should be in
/etc/gconf/schemas but all the Gnome's schemas were installed to
/etc/gnome/gconf/schemas. I reinstalled GConf2 and imported Gnome's
schemas to it with "gconftool-2 --install-schema-file=....schemas".
Then all went as expected.
Thanks for your help!

> It seems dbus is not running on your system. What is the output of "ps
> -aux|grep -i dbus".have you configured to run dbus at system boot time ?

Yes, I got the dbus part of blfs-scriptsdbus installed, and dbus is running:
"18  11149  0.0  0.0   2608   368 ?  SNs  01:43   0:00
/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system"

> Where did you install gnome? It's a while since I've installed it but I
> remember those 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit' warnings were harmless. I
> suspect that you've installed it to somewhere unusual. It expects to
> find things in /usr/lib, /usr/share, /etc, all the usual places. If you
> install it into /opt/gnome or somesuch it can be very hard to figure
> out why it's not working...Sorry if that's no help.
>
> Andy

I've been following this instructions described in
"http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/pkg_unionfs.txt";
to manage my packages. I install Gnome in /pkgs/gnome/2.30 and mount
it by Unionfs to /usr when Linux starts up.