OK this worked. I think the difference was instead of pressing enter in the search box I was pressing F6 again which was according to an earlier tutorial on navigating iTunes. Much thanks. I'd swore I'd pressed enter before a few times before to try to work this out but maybe I was too impatient for the results or something, I don't know. . Either way it works and I'm super grateful.

Brad

On 3/20/2011  12:22 AM for...@lode.is said...
F6 is broken (Apple broke it in 10.2).
It's annoying but iTunes is still usable.
The tricky part is to get out of the iTunes store but there's a workaround.

To search the iTunes store:

- Select the iTunes store from the sources list.
You should hear a woosh-sound - this means that the page has loaded/refreshed.

- Now press F6 and you should land in the search box.
Type in what you are looking for and press Enter and wait for the woosh-sound.

- Press F6 to move focus to the iTunes store.
You may need to wait a while (I had to wait afew seconds) before you start navigating the store.
Press ctrl-home to move to the top.
JAWS should announce iTunes Store or something similar.
You are good to go.
You can now navigate your search results with standard web navigation (virtual cursor)

- When done or if you want to perform a new search:

Press Ctrl-Alt-f.
This will move focus to the search box.
Repeat the steps above to perform a new search.

If your intention is to get out of the iTunes store:

Press Ctrl-Alt-f to move focus to the search box.
Then press Shift-F6 and you should be back in the sources list.

This works, but let's hope Apple fixes the F6 key soon.