Do you have a separate sound card just for Jaws? What system are you using? XP? It sounds to me like you could possibly have your settings in Volume Control set to "What I hear" and then have your microphone muted. I'd look in your Skype settings as was mentioned to you before, if you are running a seperate sound card for Jaws, it might be defaulting to it in Skype. If you are running just the one card, check your Volume Control. If using XP do this:

1. Windows key and press P until you hear All Programs and right arrow once.

2. Press A until you hear accessories and right arrrow once

3. Arrow down until you see  Entertainment and right arrow again once

4. Down arrow to Volume Control and press enter.

5. When Volume Control opens press the ALT key and wait for the menu to open and then press up arrow once to Properties and press enter

6. In there you'll find what sound cards you have. If more than one, find the one your system uses for its sounds, playing CDs etc. Then tab once until you see the setting choices for play back and record. Arrow to the recording option and press enter. Tab until you hear it say "What you Hear", as you tab the next check box status you hear will be for it, if it is checked you'll need to keep tabbing until you hear Microphone, then it'll have some volume and balance percentages and maybe an advanced button and again a check box. Make sure this is checked and see if that helps.

Brad

On 5/29/2011  09:47 PM kimsan said...
Hi,

I rarily use skipe so please excuse the stupid question.

I just made a skipe call and when I did, the person could hear my jaws,
pretty much everything I am typing but they cannot hear me when I talk.

What is going on? If someone tells me to look at some settings, please be
very specific cuzz again, I hardly ever use skipe, so just spell it out for
me.

I am using skipe 5.1 .

Thanks.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6163 (20110529) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

The greatest composer does not sit down to work because he is inspired,
but becomes inspired because he is working

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse