A. Do you know these  people?
B. Is it a  necessary email?
C. ActiveX can implant/run some nasty stuff on your computer. There is a reason the security is flagging it.

Personally unless it was something from a work project or the like that is needed. I'd not activate it. I'd also recommend if they are friends who sent it, , and its a cutsie forward or unneeded email and they've checked it out, that they do a couple scans of their computer. Not on-line scans but update their antivirus signature files/updates then scan it. And also download something like Malware Bytes and do a second scan. No one anti-virus gets "all" virus. Do only have one anti-virus actively running in the background though. Keep like Malware Bytes as a scan only to catch stuff your main one might tmiss.

Do a Google Search for "ActiveX viruses danger" and just scroll through the link summaries there.

Brad

On 7/6/2011  06:53 AM G.Braille said...
Hi there!
I am getting the following kind of warning message when I'm opening email message from few individuals not from everyone. How do I stop the message?do I have to tell to the sender to fix or correct things from their side?
The following message is only showing from couple of email senders.
Error message starts here:
Windows Internet Explorer
One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
As a result, the page might not display correctly.
OK

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6268 (20110705) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse