I did your steps, and "download and install automaticly" was checked, and space barred it out, but there is nothing about the i.e.version on this page

-----Original Message----- From: hareth iraq
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:47 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] internet explorer not listed on add or remove, win 7

OK, you can also check
with alt+h and down to "about, I-E and check the data there if it still I-E 10
then you need to change your update settings to something other than
"download and install automatically"
in that case you would be sure it wont reinstall it by it self again.
And if it was I-E 9 then Jaws is still have the old data from the former one
would be no harm with it.
hope it helps