From: blind-gamers@groups.io <blind-gamers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: September-09-18 9:19 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] its back

Well I doubt this is all the story, domains expire, things are upgraded, so
what nothing goes wrong.

Ofcause if no one knew and the damn thing was syncing at the time, then that
could be a problem.

Drives can fail I had a datacentre take out the net because of hardware issues.

And lets face it, windows does not respond well if its updating or doing just
about anything when something screws up.

I have ups units now but I had a power outage randomly, lets just say,
everything from the workstations to the servers needed a full reformat after
that.

They were not dammaged at all, far from it, but all the dates were reset, so
nothing worked, and even with them set the security software was screwed
because it had no idea and needed reinstalling, there were a cascade of issues
all from that and I needed to reformat to make it all work again properly.

I have serge protecters now and ups units and multiple backups as well as
critical file backup to dropbox but I have had for the hell of it, asked the
question, what if windows fails during an update due to power failier.

The short answer is it can't happen or rather its not a good idea to have
windows ever loose power for any reason.

In most cases you could restart but there was a chance of corruption, to fix an
error with windows in this situation a reformat is required, so who knows.

I have had routers fail in the middle of things, I have had systems with
compromised security mainly because of obselete wireless hardware, there are
probably loads of reasons to this, we will not get the full story, I suspect
though that there was a server upgrade, no one was told or they were not aware
of it and they were in the midst of a backup or something.