You could try www.harshlands.net or www.legendsofthejedi.com depending on what theme you're into.  I no longer play harshlands because I got tired of the staff fiddling with guild rules and such, but if you want an RPI I played it for a decade as an armorer and only had to do combat when I wanted to. I still play legends of the Jedi despite growing annoyance with the staff.   My first character there fiveish years ago was an engineer, their version of a crafter.  Both games have a learning curve on lore or commands, but there are enough friendly folk around that you can get started and find out if it's for you or not. Legends of the Jedi is currently rewriting its newbie guides on the site, but they do have a newbie channel and harshlands probably still has hchat, help chat, where you can ask questions. Harshlands is smaller than LOTJ. When I was playing you never saw more than 15 or so on at once.