I would strongly consider giving it another look. There's a ton of things to do
in the game, and the mods are improved with each release. The initial setup
with Steam is a little annoying, but only needs to be done once. You can also
just skip that and purchase the game through GOG.

I have very much enjoyed the game, especially in multiplayer.