If you don't have a mouse available you're going to be limited to side stepping, and the smallest turn you'll be able to make will be 45 degrees.

If you absolutely must play this way (cheap USB mice are cheap), I'd advise being extra careful in all circumstances, and being aware that some of your ability to react to surprises will be crippled. Don't get into a situation where you're being attacked from multiple sides, and don't ever bother with the sniper missions since you can't aim at long range.