I signed it. I don't use the web interface at all unless I am looking for something in the spam folder, but I think simple views should always be available no matter how accessible google thinks its intended change is. Someone refusing to sign because they personally like the new gmail isn't really getting to the point of the issue. I like options and I don't like when options are taken away. The new gmail would still be an option you can use if you like, and he isn't suggesting any different. Sites have become more and more complicated in their coding and so-called features, and there always needs to be a simple option for those less computer savvy or who simply like things straightforward. What seems accessible to one may be problematic for another. Just my two cents.