Commented within your original message.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens

From: "Jim Ruby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:56 PM
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] talking thermostats

>I am curious about this and I know there is about 4 or 5 of them on the
> market. I have forced air and central air so I am in need of something
> like
> this I believe my thermostat has a 4 wire hookup. I am interested in
> others
> that have purchased this or other talking models.

I have had the one from Talking Thermostats.com for nearly a year. We like
it well, it has been telling me that I need to change my filter and have my
furnace serviced for some time now and I haven't got around to figuring out
how to stop that message but that only happens when I ask to hear the
temperature or status.

> 1. durability

Appears to be fine, only had it about nine months though.

> 2. accurate

Seems to be accurate.

> 3. clear voice and hopefully nice on the ears as some are tinny or just
> irritating

The speaker is pretty small so only so good but it is clear.

> 4. easy to use

We don't seem to have much trouble using it except that I am pretty stupid
about remembering what buttons do what. With all the different remote
controls and other devices around here I find my aging brain just doesn't
keep all that straight.

> 5. functionality and expandable / programmable

There are two sets of programming available, week-day and week-end and
within eack of those there are four programmes so you can turn the
temperature up, down then up and down again in each cycle or the other way
around.

> 6 other things I forgot.

The device can be removed from the wall to be programmed from the comfort of
an easy chair.

> Thanks for your input/thoughts.

You are welcome.

List Members At The Following Address: