Are you going to use sonotube to form up your footings? I didn't hear of any
joist hangers. You will probably want to embed the post fixing brackets
directly into the top of your cement posts and a heavy box of nails! You
aren't nearly finished packing gear.

Do you plan to mix up all of those bags of concrete by hand in a barrow or
will you haul a mixer up those stairs? And back down again!!

You might consider investing in a big conveyer belt or maybe one of those
tracked Dingo's to climb up those stairs bearing loads. I believe a new one
is just around thirteen thousand dollars.

Actually even with four of you carrying those bags of cement you made pretty
good time. I unloaded a dozen last autumn from a pallet up into my shed
because I didn't trust the tarp to keep them dry, only five steps and about
thirty feet and I had had enough. There isn't any reasonable way to carry
the beggars except to heave them over your shoulder and even then they are
hard to hang on to after about the third one. By six or eight it gets really
tough to get them up to your shoulder. Well it does for a little guy like
me.

You will probably discover that wrestling with a powered post hole auger is
quite a challenge too.

It is all character building.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: