The correct way to repair that is to take a piece of scrap or left over or a
piece maybe from behind the fridge at least large enough that you can place
it over the damaged area matching the pattern if there is a pattern. You
stick it down with double sided tape with the pattern aligned then with a
razor knife or very sharp craft knife you cut through the scrap material and
the original flooring a piece which includes the damaged area. you now have
a plug of the original as well as an exactly shaped repair plug to drop in
it's place.

You pick up the cut scrap and pull out the cut-out damaged area, apply some
adhesive into the hole and maybe a little on the back of the patch, drop in
the patch then roll it to blend the edges.

The think to be careful of is getting any of the adhesive on the finished
surface. There are solvents to clean it up but it is easier to avoid in the
first place.

You may be able to get away with spreading a little water proof all purpose
glue, first pulling the surface back gently and wiping a little under it
then rolling and maybe pressing with a bit of weight for a time to really
stick the damaged surface down to the substrate but it is likely that the
thin surface will easily catch again in the recent future.

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens