Oh yes!

You can buy very large miter gauges complete with blocks for multiple
precision cuts. These have a triangular configuration to make them more
precise and they cost like stink!

You could use two miter gauges but this would only really help you much if
they are joined across their faces. You might also find some method of
supporting the long free end with a horse or table or what ever you can come
up with. This will permit you to line up everything and measure accurately
before starting the cut.

Remember though that the best of the sliding compound miter saws cost from
800 to a thousand dollars. That is the best. If you are buying a specialized
miter gauge or a second one you might consider subtracting that price from
the cost of such a machine and consider saving up for one.

There are much cheaper power miter saws but you loose a lot of versatility,
a little like the disadvantages to having a small table saw.

For the blind though, these tools can make the difference between being able
to competently do the job or not. No matter how cheap a pencil is, it isn't
all that useful to a blind person. A typewriter gives better access to the
task of writing and a computer quite a different access to both writing and
reading.

I understand that these things can be beyond our resources. It is truly
unfortunate, our sighted friends can buy a circular saw for about 40 bucks,
a square and sharp pencil or even scratch a line with a nail and that is
that. With care though you could probably do with a hand saw, particularly a
good quality one. Certainly I did a lot of fairly good work with one many
years ago when we were starting out in a flat on Argyle Road in West Ealing
Middlesex London. I had a couple of hand saws, a half inch and a three
quarters inch Stanley chisel, a crank powered drill, some screw drivers and
a hammer and a ball type level. I still have most of those tools. I wired
that flat to a 30 amp ring main and fitted out the kitchen and made a few
bits of furniture with those tools. It can be done.Wonderful fun making
dadoes with a hand saw and chisel.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens