Hello,

I am a new poster, and I have the following problem and sure could use any
ideas, on the subject!
Thanks.

However, we have a major problem on our hands!  We've been having
difficulty, when washing clothes lately.  When we wash, there is a drain
underneath the basins, where the hose from the washing machine empties into!
That has been backing up, as of late.

So, we called a friend who is a plumber, for one of our neighboring cities,
and he came out to try to solve our problem!  He ran a machine through the
main water line, of course, getting out grass and roots, as there are trees,
as part of our property!  That line was now clean, and water traveled
through that, without any problems.

However, when he went to put the machine through the drain right underneath
the wash basins, he couldn't get it past eight feet; something is stuck
there, and he couldn't get it to go any further!  His thought was that we
might have to break up the floor, to see why that drain is stuck and
possibly replace pipe!

I don't know much about plumbing, but this doesn't seem to be sewer water or
anything like that; I think the water from our kitchen sinks and bathrooms
drains into the main water line, so I'm thinking that that isn't the
problem!
If any of you know of a handyman list to send this to, please let me know!

Thanks.

Claudia

Join either of my groups; the first is for visually-impaired women, while
the other is for people wishing to discuss homemaking issues.