  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 11:02 PM
  Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [BlindHandyMan] Very Upset Here!

  So Claudia, the washer drains into the sink and the laundry room drain is in
the laundry room floor?

  Did the snake man run down the laundry room drain or the sink drain?

  Now here is another thing you might try, tip a little water down the laundry
room drain to see if it runs away. It may run away slowly. You should be able
to do this by running water in the sink slowly for a minute or two and see if
this comes up the floor drain, speed it up if it does not and just discover if
and how much water the blocked drain can carry. If so you might try some
chemical drain cleaner, leave it there half an hour then wash it through but
again slowly to begin, you don't want it coming back up through the drain.

  If you run a drain hose into a floor drain, the furnace room or any other
drain you will need to make sure that there is a high point about the height of
the washing machine, 36 inches. Otherwise, the washer will drain by syphon
action while you are trying to wash and before the pump comes on to drain the
machine.Just bear that in mind.

  Really you need to know the lay-out of the drains, for now I am assuming the
sink then to the floor drain and from there probably to the floor drain in the
furnace room. If the furnace room though is up stream of the laundry room then
dumping water down the furnace room drain will just fill it up and it will back
up.If mopping water into the sink didn't carry it away then how did you get rid
of it?

  the drain in the floor may well be damaged but I think you would notice that
the floor had subsided. I am thinking a shoe or kids ball or something has gone
down the sink or the laundry room drain. You may still need to tear up the
floor to get to it but there may be alternatives less drastic yet available.

  Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Skype DaleLeavens