So Everyone,

I'm sure you're all tired of my cleaning saga by now, but here goes anyway!
I went to work today and picked up my little guy, from his preschool at 3
PM.
We came home, had an early dinner of chicken casserole, and then, my parents
arrived, to do some major cleaning downstairs.
We hauled out so much trash that got ruined in the water, brand new ceiling
tiles that we had, laminate flooring, kitchen tiles, old baseboards and
trimmings, etc, old windows that the previous owners left, and we didn't
know about, etc.  That was so wonderful of them to leave us junk; just what
we needed!
There was a big wooden table in one of the exterior rooms of the basement,
where all of the water was seeping in, and my dad broke it up, and we took
it out to the alley!
We then swept and swept and swept the area and mopped it, trying to clean
out all the dirt and water from the storm!
Our drain was also backing up, so my dad worked on that, but it didn't work.
Every time I use my washer, the water comes out, all over my now-clean
basement floor!
Hurray for me!

Then, Lou's nephew came, and he hauled out a few things, lot of wet clothes
that we had of theirs because we were storing it for them!
So, I tried to do a load of laundry, after everyone left, because we thought
we had our drain problem resolved, but we did not.  On top of that, there is
a strange chemical smell coming from our dryer now, so I'm thinking that
maybe, the motor was damaged, due to all of the water?
I don't know where I'm going to find a repairman to come out and check out
all of these things for me!

We're calling the city about the drain, because we weren't having the
problems with the drain, prior to the storm!
I'm tired; I don't know what to do anymore!  I'm so overwhelmed, at the
moment!

I've also contacted several contractors to come check out our basement and
assess for seepage and obtain estimates for possible work on the walls and
floor!

Anyone know how long a washer and dryer usually are supposed to last?

Claudia