  From: Michael Baldwin
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:01 AM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Questions about Satelite Companies

  no, you can no longer purchase your own receiver, all receivers from DirecTV
  and Dish Network are rented. I guess you might be able to find and old one
  off eBay, but if that person didn't pay there bill, you will have to pay
  that before you can get the receiver activated.
  DirecTV does have a Dual-tuner DVR receiver out, very similar to the Dish
  Network one, but I think it is only available with DVR.
  What kind of issues are you having with Dish? i have had dish for about 3
  years now, with no major issues, it just took them 3 weeks to come out and
  re align the dish after we removed it to put our roof on.
  Oh, and 99% of the contractors that install Sat TV's system do it wrong,
  your best to deal directly with the company, not a reseller.
  Michael

  _____