You just put this horrified look on your face, look all around like some
other dude did it, turn to the audience and give them the biggest
s**t-eating grin you can, and say oops and end the oops on an upward slant
as you shrug your shoulders then say, for my next trick, I'm going to saw a
woman in half.  Would any of you ladies like to volunteer? and do a little
improv standup.  Yes, my  father said if I didn't quit doing that and stop
dead in your tracks and say oh hell I can't finish that one!  You'll bring
the house down.  It was one of the jokes we used in our shows.  The guitar
player would be talking to the drummer about when he was a boy and then
start the line.  Just before the punch line the hole band would turn around
and look at me sitting there at the organ with a straight face like I heard
nothing! Nothing! nothing!  It always brought down the house.  Then they've
already forgotten about the fact you screwed up and you turn a oops into a
good time.  Everybody loves to see a good screw up and it depends on what
you do with it that determines how they'll take it.

Alan

Please click on: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros keyboard.  I often add files so check back regularly!

The albums in Technics  format formerly on my website are still
available upon request.