Next week when the new unit is delivered the old one will be relocated to the
basement. Since this is a backup and holds cold drinks I thought about using a
timer to help cut the electric costs. I thought about cutting the power from 10
at night to about 7 in the morning. Normally it is opened once or twice a day
for a coke or my grandson's fruit drink. The freezer is not really used
although I may hook up the ice maker for holiday or picnic use.
Is there any harm in cutting the power on a frost free unit? I know it goes
into a defrost cycle every 8 hours.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with
a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com