The chains on motorcycles are made of Kevlar which is also what they make
bullet proof vests from.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press
  To: blindhandyman-yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:15 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Belt driven bicycles

  Aloha all,
  Some friends of ours are overseas and wrote that they bought a
  bicycle with a rubber belt instead of a chain. Another person
  responded that these kind of belts have been used in motorcycles for
  awhile, but are also appearing in the bicycle world. This may be old
  news to some of you, but it seem cool to me that they won't rust or
  need lubrication.
  Betsy
  Teamwork: Together we achieve the extraordinary.