That is a fairly easy job to do.  You need to call the utility companies in
your area and ask about checking for wires of all sorts, water and gas lines.
It's a free service unless you wreck one of the lines.

Years ago I was putting up some chain link fencing and was trying to drive in
the posts.  They are nothing more than light gauge metal pipe.

Lowes had a tool that dropped down over the pipe and the top end was closed.
There are two handles that come out from the sides of this first piece and you
hold them.  The posts are driven in the ground by lifting this tool up and
slamming it down on the post.  It's a right heavy tool but it does a great job
at driving posts in the ground.  And it doesn't destroy the end of the post.

In the event you go with chain link, you might consider a come along as well.
Doesn't have to be super powerful because you'd wreck something if you went
crazy drawing it up.  But a couple tons would lend a hand in stretching the
chain link sections.  Then you'll have your hands free to connect the nuts and
bolts.

A thirty pound dog won't require the posts be set in concrete other than
possibly the posts at the gate.

Any sales rep can show you what you need to know about assembly right in the
store.

Probably going to need a couple half inch or 9/16 wrenches for the nuts and
bolts,  I recommend the come along, a level that's really about it.  Everything
else is probably not going to be necessary.  However, I'm pretty sure it's
against some rule to buy the minimum in tools.  I know I'd be ashamed if I did
such a terrible deed.

So having said that...  You probably need a socket set and a set of combination
wrenches to put the different parts of the fence together.

I'd go for a power auger to set the posts and a small cement mixer to mix the
concrete you will use to set the posts.

You might want a laser level and an audible level as well because you can't
always be sure one is 100% accurate.  Good to have an extra to compare with.

It's possible you'll need some vise grips in case the sockets and wrenches
don't do all you need.

This should definitely get your fence up and add to the ever growing collection
of tools you need to combat life's situations.  And the list will be shorter
next time you take on another project that calls for tools.