Well, the old refrigerator that I am recycling through the pp&l program almost
totally let me down. They are picking it up tomorrow morning. There was a
message on my answering machine that it must be plugged in and running. It was
running when it was moved outside so I plugged it in tonight and nothing. Here
it tripped the gfci outlet. after resetting it did not work just kept tripping
the outlet. Just for kicks I plugged it into an outlet from inside not gfci.
This time the light came on but nothing else. After toying for a few minutes my
son-in-law said hit it. I picked up one end and dropped on the porch and it
started running. Plugged it back into the gfci and it it still works. I suspect
that a relay was stuck tripping the gfci but not enough to short out the
unprotected line. Anyway it is working so I will get my $35 and free removal
tomorrow morning. It reminds me of an old Burroughs field engineer who hit the
computer main console and it started working, his comment was that they do not
pay me to hit it but for knowing where to hit it.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with
a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com