Le 02/09/2021 à 13:46, Yoav Weiss a écrit :

The motivation section brings up use cases that this would make easier, but it's not super clear what they are, and if developers feel they are important. I wondered if this is something you have evidence for. With that said, now that I understand what you're trying to ship, consistency can also be an argument for such a change.

As I said one can already do that with EventTarget.addEventListener so it is not critical at all for developers. But things like EventTarget.onload = ... and <element onload="..."> are pretty common, and it would be surprising for developers if this does not work for all events. But yes, again this is just speculation, not based on any concrete feedback from developers. I imagine somewhat hitting the problem would just switch to addEventListener and move on.

--
Frédéric Wang