On  7 Feb, Jerome Pansanel wrote:
> > I have been thinking of simply setting up a SF project for just the BODR
> > project. Now that it is entering the first Linux distribution (Debian), and

It is advantageous for a project to maintain its own site, which can be
listed as the main page at the SF.  SF is a publicly accessible
archive, which is large, stable, and frequently used.  It probably is a
good place to put your code, if you want it to endure in the public
view, although it is also important not to over-rely on it, because it
is a private corporation with the associated risks.  If a project has
the resources, it should maintain its own separate access points in
addition to those provided by SF, and use old-fashioned conventional
mirror agreements too.

Overall, I think that SF listing is a plus for BODR.

Regards,
Michael L. Love Ph.D
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
School of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University
725 N. Wolfe Street
Room 608B WBSB