Piero
This is fantastic. (I haven't had time to visit your site in detail).

Two immediate ways of interacting on Open Source and Open data.

If you want crystallographic data we have 200,000 crystal structures at:
http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/crystaleye. These are all from the literature. They
are present as CIF and CML and Jmol compatible. You might want to consider
an interface

We have just started a collaborative Open  project on a computational
knowledgebase for molecules. see http://quixote.wikispot.org/Front_Page .
We now intend to develop this for crystalline materials. Your experience and
involvement would be great. I have copied in Pablo Echenique. It should be
possible to use your approach to browse the knowledgebase

P.

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry