  DME Location
  <E38><M62> Variable but now dead HVAC
  M3 Sunroof Unstuck

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ivan Demkovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: DME Location

It's under passenger air filter box.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:04:49 -0700
From: Jack Money <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: <E38><M62> Variable but now dead HVAC

Ok, so for a while the HVAC in the 740i was variable.  And what's funnier is
that it was variable with respect to steering input.  Whenever I turned the
wheel to the left the HVAC fan would go dead, nada, kaput.  Turn to the right
and it would zip right up to whatever speed I had the controls set to.  Stay
straight ahead and it would sort of run at like 70% or so.  This was only while
driving, not while stopped, even at a light.

Now, unfortunately, it's dead, no blower at all.  Well, once the car is up to
op temp it seems to run at like the lowest setting which is very low of course.
 But basically no blower.

Admittedly I have not done a ton of searching on this issue but if anyone has
information tha could help I'd sure love to hear it.  I'm hoping, of course,
that it's a simple blower switch type thing that is easy and cheap to replace.
; )

Thanks.

Jack Money
'88 M3 Racecar