As you probably know by now Mozilla 1.5 Alpha was released today. When I open
the release page I got to this message:

"This source code is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and
other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries
(currently Afghanistan (Taliban controlled areas), Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya,
North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from
receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, entities on the Bureau of
Export Administration Entity List, and Specially Designated Nationals). "

I have seen this elsewere (like in Oracle's web site) but isn't Mozilla open
source and aren't Iranian (and people from all around the world) officially
contributing to it? Then how is it that it can't be exported to Iran?

I mean I know that you are using it in Iran but why should it even be subject
to U.S. laws? I think I sent something like this before but it just makes me
go nuts that U.S. tries to own everything including open source!

--
Hooman Baradaran
[EMAIL PROTECTED]