From: André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Wed, 13 July, 2011 16:45:38
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

Hi David,

Am 13.07.2011 17:34, schrieb David Nelson:
> I noted your change to the agenda item:
>
> "(Italo: I do not like the way this item for discussion has been
> worded, according to what has been discussed in the mailing list)"
>
> I was invited to add an agenda item for discussion, and this is the
> subject that I'm hoping that the SC will clarify, which arises from
> multiple past discussions about Windows screenshots. Given the claimed
> legal sensitivity of the issue, and the claimed legal liability
> arising from use of Windows screenshots, I feel it is indeed a valid
> matter to put before the SC for some official guidance/decisions.

I fully agree with Italo here. The discussion here at the list (and even you
comment right now) is focused on the legal implications and what the SC would
think of it. Your wording for the agenda item is much broader and requests a
general decision on the screenshots independent from possible legal
implications.

For agenda item 2: a very basic rule for questions to the SC should be that the
question should be crystal clear and not be changed half a day before the SC's
decision. At the moment I don't even know anymore what the actual question is.

regards,

André

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org