From: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Wed, 27 July, 2011 10:04:16
Subject: [steering-discuss] funding for system operations meeting

Hello,

as some of you know, the TDF admins had a system operations meeting in Munich
about one month ago:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/System_Operations/Meeting_2011-01

Since we had many people from various regions who are engaging themselves as
admins, the German association agreed on spending 1.000 € for travel and
lodging. Luckily, more people than initially planned joined, but that also
means
that the budget doesn't suffice.

In total, when we want to pay everyone their hotels, and their travel, we would
end up with about 1.600 € in total, so 600 € more than initially planned. I
have
to formally ask the German association's board of directors for approval, but
since I intend to use the TDF bank account for payments, I wanted to check with
the SC first if you would support such a request or not.

As the weekend was a pure working weekend, and people spend lots of their time
during week and on weekends, for keeping our infrastructure running, I consider
it justified to not give them the burden of also paying out of their own
pockets.

Florian

-- Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org