Hello,

with our new grant request page online (http://www.documentfoundation.org/grant-request/), we have received the first requests, which - in light of our transparency and openness approach - would like to make public and discuss here.

The first request is about the IT & Business fair and has been sent in by Ellen Pape and Thomas Krumbein, both TDF members.

==
Grant Proposal: 6500 Euro for a booth at the IT&Business fair in Stuttgart (http://www.messe-stuttgart.de/it-business/) 29.9.-1.10.2015

Grant Objective: Promote LibreOffice in the German market. Announce the launch of LibreOffice 5.0.

Grant size: 6500 Euro in total: ca. 5300 Euro for the booth, 666 Euro for media flat rate and ca. 534 Euro for additional costs. We need an answer from TDF as quickly as possible.

Grant Beneficiaries: presenting the project at this fair will allow us to present LibreOffice 5.0 at small and medium-sized businesses in the South-West of Germany. There are also a lot of small municipals which are interested in migration. We hope also to activate the idea of community in Germany.

Grant Follow-up: We will report on the success of the grant on the TDF blog, also at the social-media-platforms. We will try to activate several people from the community to help at this fair
==

I propose to discuss on this list and vote via e-mail; if there's a need for a direct discussion, next weeks board call sounds like the best solution.

As I have discussed this with Ellen and Thomas in Essen, let me add some thoughts on this as well:

==
The visibility of LibreOffice is going down inside Germany. Part of the problem is that previous events we attended, especially CeBIT and LinuxTag, did either not take place (LinuxTag) or were not attended (CeBIT) this year. With the 5.0 coming up, and the fall season traditionally being a good time for trade shows, IT & Business in Stuttgart is an opportunity to attend.

Organized by Thomas Krumbein, who has been organizing events for OOo/LibO the last decade, attending this event for the first time is worth a try to find out how receptive participants are. With a focus in the DMS market we so far have not been targetting a lot, this year's event can serve as a try. With a final report and recommendation for 2016 sent to the board, we then can decide whether to attend the next year or not.
==

Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | IRC: floeff on Freenode