On 20/06/2020 13:15, Andreas Mantke wrote:

> the community is not shrinking by the regular process of aging. The age
> of a person is not the key of being a contributor, e.g. I started
> contributing to an open source software project when I was 43 (not 42
> and I'm active contributing since then.

I think the purpose here is to drive the attention of younger
contributors not fight/replace our elders. :) Some fresh air and
perceptions from the next generation is great to have to unsure the
success of the project for current and forthcoming generations of users.

Being myself from the youngest in the community, I have plenty of ideas
to fix this challenge and drive the attention of younger developers. :)

Having followed the project since its very inception (sept 2010) and
reading all mailing list messages, plus the fact I have been in charge
of the LibreOfficeFR Twitter account for 2 years, I have built a modest
list of drawbacks and expectations from the current gen of devs and
those to be.

That's why the idea of Redmine is great because, it will allow me to
keep track of current blockers. Thanks for the initiative.

Regards,

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice