Hi everyone,

On 15.02.22 15:14, Cor Nouws wrote:

Also: at the moment, there is no mechanism in place run bounties by e.g. bundling of donations of users. Would we have that, then it could be a way to allow donations to steer (a tiny bit of) development.

Let me just add something here from a marketing / social media / Reddit etc. perspective. We see a huge amount of requests for new features and fixes, and our response is usually: "You can get involved and help out" (with a link to whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org), or "Consider funding a certified developer" (with a link to the relevant website page).

A common reply to that is: "Well, I have no technical abilities to help out, and the certified developer page is long and it's not clear how much things cost" etc.

So some kind of bounty system may help to create a more direct link between users (especially donors) and developers. But then Ilmari has written about issues with FOSS bounty platforms before:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2021-January/086741.html

So I don't know what the solution is, but as someone who's monitoring our social media channels, Reddit and other things every day, I see a huge number of feature requests. Many end up on Bugzilla as enhancement requests too, of course.

Mike