On 23/10/2022 22:07, Cor Nouws wrote:
Andreas Mantke wrote on 23/10/2022 20:11:
I want to inform you that I get on a regularly basis emails in private,
with 'friendly' instructions what I'm not allowed to address on mailing
lists.

I suggest you write the persons directly that you don't like that.
I assume it is something that could be written to the mailing list as well?

I find this form of cautionary private emails pestering and not
appropriate for an open Free Software project.

I think it is inappropriate to post this sort of vague accusations on the list.

Over the years, I also have occasionally received unsolicited private messages addressing some public behavior of mine. And, for me, those never added to the impression of a welcoming environment. (Where overall I /do/ have the impression of a rather welcoming environment around here. And irrespective of whether my own behavior had created a non-welcoming environment for other parties.)

I agree that such action doesn't feel appropriate. (And I fail to find any accusations here.) Lets all try to be friendly.