Hi Board, all,

Am 15.03.23 um 08:25 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2023-03-13, is
now made public in accordance with our statutes.

(...)

VOTE: I'd like to ask for pre-approval of the sums from the budget
draft, which is:

Marketing: 20.000 €
Community: 50.000 €
FOSDEM & LibOCon: 30.000 €

I wonder if TDF has no budget for the 2023 infrastructure costs. If I'm
not wrong e.g. the regularly biweekly Jitsi board calls
(https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard) runs on hardware which
is rent by TDF. The same should be true for e.g. Gerrit
(https://gerrit.libreoffice.org) and a lot of other infra services.

It is always known at the end of the previous year that there are
recurring costs for infra and other tasks in the upcoming year. Thus it
is necessary to make a decision about those budget items at the end of
the previous year to pay the bills from TDF money.

The timely start of the decision making about those budget items for
recurring costs is the responsibility of the board chairperson. If
he/she is not able to do his duty in time he/she is in charge of that.

Or is the chairperson so generous to pay those bills from private
budget? I estimate not.

Regards,
Andreas

--