To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------
Just ran across this mess yesterday so this is bleeding edge news as far as I
can tell as I don't see any other reference to it yet and I haven't gone public
yet.

Lot's of references in Google about individual sites being hacked but I don't
think they know the extent of the problem:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=apollohosting+hacked

Please note that these types of hackers don't seem infect every account on the
server, they just infect a chunk of them based on some unknown criteria, so
it's hit and miss which domains are infected. Perhaps individual accounts were
hacked but I don't think so as I've seen this same type of thing on iPowerWeb,
random sites, some servers had more sites infected, others just a few, who
knows why.

Here's a few examples, view the HTML source to see all the embedded pharma ads
typically at the bottom of the page:

secure1.apollohosting.com
http://whois.webhosting.info/206.125.215.251?pi=4&ob=SLD&oo=ASC
view-source:http://oceancyclery.com/
view-source:http://oldpeking.com/

secure2.apollohosting.com
http://whois.webhosting.info/206.125.215.252
view-source:http://911lens.com/
view-source:http://altonaequipment.com/

secure4.apollohosting.com
http://whois.webhosting.info/206.125.215.254
View the source on any domain in the list, not all are infected but it's a more
heavily server wide infestation...

Another site on their box appears to maybe have an injector script:
view-source:http://lookoutinc.com/ (dont go to domain with JS enabled)

So on and so forth, you get the idea.

I just spot checked a 5 servers, but based on what I've run across in the past
it's probably on all shared servers.

--
Bill Atchison
http://www.crawlwall.com