What I have seen this week is the existence of new Koobface variants (20+ now)
and it appears that Facebook doesn't block these yet,
they managed to block the first wave, see
http://linuxbox.org/pipermail/funsec/2008-August/018006.html

But they are working on it:
http://www.redherring.com/Home/24756

Juha-Matti

Adriel Desautels [EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:
Interesting,
        Do you or anyone else know more about the account theft that has been
going on with FaceBook. I ask because my kid sister was using it for a
while and she kept on asking why her password was changed. Shortly there
after her friends had the same issue and they had random wall posts
going up. Ideas?  I'm just curious.

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

Steven Adair wrote:
> It seems Imageshack with malicious or at least abusive Flash files is getting
more popular.  We saw a similar attack, yet far less malicious, on Facebook last
week.  User's walls were spammed with a messae about someone having a crush on
them with a link to an Imageshack flash file.  The file then did a full redirect
to a dating website.  The bad guys are both simply just using them as a jumping
point and in some cases playing off of their [somewhat] trusted name.