A good summary has been released at
http://www.insidefacebook.com/2008/08/26/update-facebook-security-fighting-koobface-worm-chain-letters/

[switched to new message title now, handling FB worm etc.]

Juha-Matti

Gadi Evron [EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:
> Interesting,
>    Do you or anyone else know more about the account theft that has been
> going on with FaceBook. I ask because my kid sister was using it for a
> while and she kept on asking why her password was changed. Shortly there
> after her friends had the same issue and they had random wall posts
> going up. Ideas?  I'm just curious.

Malware spreading via walls and messages. Click on it and you get your credentials stolen and spam your friends.

Facebook.*

> Regards,
>    Adriel T. Desautels
>    Chief Technology Officer
>    Netragard, LLC.
>    Office : 617-934-0269
>    Mobile : 617-633-3821
>    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45
>
>    Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
>    http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

> Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
> Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security
>
> Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
> Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
> Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn
>

> Steven Adair wrote:
>> It seems Imageshack with malicious or at least abusive Flash files is
getting more popular.  We saw a similar attack, yet far less malicious, on Facebook
last week.  User's walls were spammed with a messae about someone having a crush on
them with a link to an Imageshack flash file.  The file then did a full redirect to a
dating website.  The bad guys are both simply just using them as a jumping point and
in some cases playing off of their [somewhat] trusted name.