On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:44 UTC Gadi Evron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2. On a different note, why is anyone still accepting their route
> announcements?

Any network that respects the Spamhaus DROP (Don't Route or Peer) list
would not be accepting their route or traffic, or indeed that of several
other sites whose online objectives are comparable to those of Atrivo.
http://www.spamhaus.org/drop.  Oh, did I remember to mention it's free?

> What ASNs belong to Atrivo, anyway?

AS27530 - the only ASN of which I have ever seen SANS recommend rejection.
Other related parts of the empire (Cernel, Hostfresh) have separate ASNs.

> Anyone has more details as to the apparent evilness of Atrivo/Intercage,
> who can verify these reports? As researched as they are, and my personal
> experience aside, I'd like some more data before coming to conclusions.

We have them - going back years, to when they hijacked a /16 belonging
to Los Angeles County! - http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=636
(follow some of the links from that page for the fuller details).

--
   Richard D G Cox
   CIO, The Spamhaus Project