At Stardate 20030707.1915, Martin Malmkvist wrote:

Since I voted for The Uplift War I believe I'm a natural volunteer for the task. So I'll get straight to it.

Thanks for volunteering! I really appreciate it! :-)

The first post will be at least a couple of days, since I just have to study the links you provided and read the first couple of chapters.

Just take it one chapter at a time. Heck, feel free to only summarise the Prelude for now; that one is only a few pages, it'll be a good exercise to help you prepare for the real work of summarising the various chapters.

I think this is going to be very interesting, but I'm a little curious: How many people feel like actively joining in? It would be a major bugger to write posts to myself :)

I certainly plan to participate. I'd also expect that at least everyone who voted for _The Uplift War_ would participate. There's little point in voting for a specific book to analyse when you don't want to take part in the discussion.

Jeroen van Baardwijk