Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> > If you prefer quality to quantity, go for George R.
> > R. Martin. He'll
> > release no book before its time...
> >
> > Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/
>
> I don't know - I read the first one in his new series,
> but was just, well, unimpressed.  Jordan _started out_
> a lot better, it seemed to me, it's just that he's
> lost control of the story at this point.

I liked the first few _Wheel of Time_ books but I don't think I liked
the first Jordan better than  _A Game of Thrones_. That is the only
Martin I have read till date. I reckon that would change soon as I
received the next 2[3?] books in post today. :)

> I think reading Guy Gavriel Kay may have spoiled me
> for other epic fantasy, actually.

_Tigana_ is on my unread pile. My favourite epic fantasy till date is
Stephen Donaldson's _ The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant_.

Ritu
GCU 14 New Books Today

---