The Fool wrote:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/20/opinion/20KRIS.html?ex=1064635200&en=5b
524a0834fb4234&ei=5062>

Killing Them Softly By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF

NAIROBI, Kenya

In fairness to President Bush, he presumably meant well when he cut off
funds for some of the world's most vulnerable women.

The Bush administration announced a few weeks ago that it was halting
payments to the Reproductive Health for Refugees Consortium because, it
said, one of the seven charities in the consortium was linked to
abortions in China. So I decided to do what the White House didn't — come
out and see these programs we are slashing.

Did anyone _not_ know that this is what Shrub meant when he spoke of being a compassionate conservative?

Doug

Jumbo Shrimp maru