I'm reading all these anecdotes about bad teachers without identifying
very well. Through most of high school and all of college, I found the
teachers to be mostly irrelevant. I prefer learning from textbooks.
After all, you don't have much of a pool to choose your teacher from,
but generally only the better teachers will write a textbook and then
you can choose the best of the better by choosing the best textbook. And
with a book, you can learn at whatever pace you want, instead of being
slowed down by the teacher. In high school physics, I couldn't stand the
teacher's lectures, although compared to stories here maybe he wasn't so
bad ( he had a Ph.D. in philosophy, though :-) I learned my high school
physics from Sears, Zemansky, and Young, and I enjoyed it immensely!

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/