> It wasn't even a side claim -I WAS MAKEING- it was
> simply in response
> to that discussion. So, still, if you want
> references for that I know
> you can find them, If you already do not believe
> that then I doubt
> you will trust them anyway. I watch a lot of history
> channel,
> (sometimes I need brackground noise, and it might as
> well be somewhat
> informative, other times it's Science Channel, or
> wings or TLC). The
> subject came up on one of those docs so I recognized
> the reference
> when OTHERS brought it up.

The history channel is not always a reliable source. I
often catch them in errors or over-broad
generalizations. Some of the programming is good but I
would be cautious before taking everything at face
value.

It doesn't matter whether this particular point was a
focus for your argument or not. QUestionable evidence
can lead to "interesting" or flawed conclusions. This
is part and parcial to the study of history, and one
of the many things I learned is to be considerate of
the sources being used, and to evaluate their
legitimacy, bias, or factualness before using them to
support an argument.

> If you snip that part, you alter my whole statment
> to mean almost the
> oposite of what I was saying. Asking me to cite
> something I was
> saying the validity of which was inconsequential is
> ludircous.

I dissagree; you should be prepared to defend your
evidence no matter how inconsequential it is.
Otherwise, if its not reliable, why use it as evidence
to begin with?

Besides, for myself, I personally am questioning the
statement IN AND OF ITSELF, completely divorced from
the arguments.

> If you are personaly that interested in the topic,
> why ask someone
> else to do the research for you?

Because you are the one who made the statement, and
were asked for your sources?

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: