Several months ago I was in Quincy IL at a diner and
saw a group of women (ok, there was a man or two),
who all had large red hats and occasional feathery
boas, and various loud red and purple outfits.  They
appeared to be having a grand old time, enough
that I asked them what kind of a group they
were- one woman told me "we are the red hats".
I thought it was just a local woman's group....
until the bookstore today.  I saw a book today
on the Society of the Red Hats... a group started
by a woman buying large red hats for her friends who
were turning 50 and should be enjoying life.
This sounds like a great way to symbolically
celebrate small wonderful parts of life.

Anyone else run into one of these groups?
Anyone got a story of similar groups that
get together for the fun of it?  (ok,
maybe it is just the updated version of the
bowling league theme, but I thought it
was cool.)

Dee
Still gotta actually buy and read the book :-)